Holy Cross Confession: I’m in way too many clubs.

September 23rd, 2013 mpwhit14

The Co-curricular Extravaganza was this week.  It is this great (and slightly overwhelming) night where all the registered student organizations on campus (and there are a lot of them) set up tables in the ballroom (and the annex to the ballroom, and the lobby… like I said, there are a LOT of them) and recruit students to their clubs.  There is music, dancing, tri-fold boards, and lots of fliers being passed around.  It is loud and crowded and super fun – especially now that I am an upperclassman and more on the recruiting side of things!

However, I inevitably sign up for more and more clubs every year… which leads me to the topic of this week’s blog post.  Things I dig about Holy Cross number 1000:  the passionate and highly involved student body!  Everybody has a passion about something, be it a cappella or a club sport or reading manuscripts, and that passion is contagious.  Personally, I love the co-curricular extravaganza because it just oozes that joy and excitement that drew me to Holy Cross in the first place.

This year (even though it is senior year), I signed up for two new clubs to add to the three that I am already a part of.  Do I have time for five clubs, the RA life, a SPUD program, tutoring, and my schoolwork?

…let’s just say this is an exercise in time management.  I’m a Holy Cross student.  I can’t help myself.