My final Finals Week

May 11th, 2014 mpwhit14

Things I dig #6:  Finals.

Seriously, Megan, finals?  That’s one of your favorite things about life at Holy Cross?

I know it’s a little crazy.  Finals are stressful.  Everyone is studying.  24-hour quiet hours are being enforced across campus.  Dinand is packed 24/5.

(Side note: the fact that Dinand is open 24/5 is absolutely beautiful and deserves its own blog post.  I never thought I would need a 24-hour library, but Dinand made the change three years ago and now I don’t know how I am going to live WITHOUT a 24-hour library.)

Finals Week is tough, but I love it.  Even though it’s high-stress, it’s actually the least stressful week of the year for me.  Suddenly, because it’s finals, my schedule frees up – no meetings, no co-curriculars, no classes.  All I have to do for seven whole days is study, spend time with my friends, and take a few exams.

It’s like a breath of fresh air!  I can press pause on my usual Holy Cross love and truly enjoy life at Holy Cross.

(If that makes any sense at all.)

Also, there’s midnight breakfast, which is the greatest.  The Jesuits and the administrators take turns all week serving breakfast and showing their support.  Nothing makes me feel so understood and appreciated as being served bacon and eggs by Fr. Boroughs at midnight on a Sunday!