Impending Doom

January 24th, 2014 mpwhit14

It’s the last semester.

Professors are looking at me with pity.  Administrators are dancing around the word “graduation”.  Every conversation in the Cool Beans line starts with “So, have any plans for next year?”.

The time has come to face it.  This is the end!  Of course, a little bit of a gloom has settled on the senior class.  It’s not enough to ruin our fun, but suddenly everything is prefaced with “the last”.  This is the last first day of classes!  This is the last first meal at Kimball!  This is the last time I will order a chalupa in Lower Kimball on January 24th!

However, part of me is really loving this gloom, this need to point out all the lasts around us.  It just goes to show exactly how much we have loved our time at Holy Cross, with all its ups and downs, its nights spent working hard in Dinand and meals that last for hours in Kimball.  Most of us are graduating college in four years, which is awesome, and in those four years we have done some incredible things.  Students have studied abroad.  They have participated in big research projects.  They have immersed themselves in service.  They have designed apps, acted as student teachers, interned in every discipline imaginable… the list goes on (I am sure you can find it elsewhere on this website!).  And, even though it is great to have earned a BA in four years, even though there are very exciting things ahead for all of us, we are sad to go.

Things I dig about Holy Cross #1:  You may leave the Hill, but the love of the Hill will never leave you.

2 Responses to “Impending Doom”

1. Colleen Curran says:

Once a Crusader, always a Crusader. Enjoy these last few months on the Hill, Megan. They were my absolute favorite, and I know you’ll enjoy every last few moments that you have here.

2. mpwhit14 says:

Thanks Colleen!